Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

“5 Pairs of Jeans That Are Perfect for Curvy Girls - TeenVogue.com” plus 1 more

“5 Pairs of Jeans That Are Perfect for Curvy Girls - TeenVogue.com” plus 1 more


5 Pairs of Jeans That Are Perfect for Curvy Girls - TeenVogue.com

Posted: 16 Jul 2019 12:00 AM PDT

As a curvy girl who loves fashion, one of the most dreadful experiences for me has always been going shopping, but not just any shopping — looking for cute, well-fitting jeans. Not only do today's brands have lots of different sizing that can leave you feeling puzzled as to why you're wearing two sizes bigger than your normal size, but the fit is never quite right either. The struggle is real and speaking from experience, I get it.

Whether you want a pair of jeans that fit your thighs and waist without leaving a huge waist gap or you want to find a pair of boyfriend jeans that are perfectly slouchy without having to go three sizes up, there's so much that goes into buying the perfect pair of jeans for someone with curves that sometimes it just feels easier to opt for your favorite dress in the back of your closet.

But your style doesn't have to suffer because certain brands don't cater to your curves. While it might take some effort to find ones that actually make you feel good, I already did some of the leg work for you. For two months, I tested out a few brands including American Eagle, Good American, and Levi's, experimenting with how the fit changed throughout the day, figuring out how accurate the brands' sizing was, and examining what companies had styles for every girl. It was a lot of trial and error, because sadly a lot of brands still don't get it, but there were five that blew me away.

From the fit to the quality, these jeans not only boosted my confidence, but they also made wearing denim fun and not a hassle. This experiment proved to me that it is possible to find denim that both fits and flatters my curves. Check out the best ones I wore below.

Note: I normally wear between a 12 and 14 in denim, a 10 when they have extra, extra stretch, but I don't like the painted on look. All of the jeans worn for this post were a 12 or 14.

Photographed by Marta Skovro McAdams

I've always been opposed to white jeans because they've never been quite flattering for me. They either make me look bigger or they just plain don't work. I've heard a lot of people rave about Topshop's Jamie jeans, but never anyone who was super curvy. The brand has a lot of different washes and great stretch for the girl who loves a tight, skinny leg jeans and their white jeans made me feel the opposite of how I usually feel; they were flattering and while they were definitely tight, they were still breathable. The high-rise denim is a signature skinny style for TopShop that sits perfectly on the waist without being overbearingly high waisted. They don't go over a size 14, but if you struggle with finding the perfect skinny jeans for your curves these are a great option! Note: though Topshop US stores are in the process of closing, you can still purchase these jeans online.

Topshop

White Super Rip Jamie Jeans

Shop Now

Photographed by Marta Skovro McAdams

Carrie Ann Inaba's DWTS Photo Diary: See How the Judge Gets Ready Behind the Scenes - PEOPLE.com

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 12:00 AM PST

Reflecting on Season 28, the Dancing with the Stars judge tells PEOPLE exclusively why she's thankful for each member of her glam squad. 

"My creative team, my glam squad, my glam fam, whatever you want to call them, I call them my family. Nobody in this business is anyone without their team," she says. "And my team is exceptional. We work so hard together to create the looks and everyone strives endlessly for excellence in their own lane."

"My team works together, we have meetings and have to organize our time and work flow to maximize what we are trying to achieve each week," Carrie Ann adds. "It's a process but we put a  lot of effort into how it flows and how to make it work most efficiently."

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar