Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I’ve got that Luxurious Feeling

 

“If you’re always trying to be normal, you’ll never know how amazing you can be!”

 

Have you ever noticed that there are certain fabrics that make you feel that you are wearing luxury, emanating class and they just make you feel a little more confident.  It may sound weird but I have definitely noticed when I wear certain things I seem to walk with a little more pep in my step!

In today’s post I am wearing one of my favorite fall/winter cardigans with a fur overlay that can be removed.  It is one that I bought last year when I was back in England from French Connection, but don’t fear there are plenty of other fur options out there to buy (I’ve linked some of my top picks below).

I did a little research because I wanted to find out if I was overthinking this whole fabric thing, and here’s what I found:

Throughout history there have been certain fabrics that have long been worn by royalty and by only those with money.  Times have definitely changed now with the introduction of faux fur, silk being used not only by designers now, and wool which was traditionally a very expensive fabric is now mass produced so that it can be made available to everyone.

 

 

These luxurious fabrics were worn because it made the rich and royals feel confident, unique and very often superior.  Not that I think we should ever want to dress to be superior to another human being, I do think that anything that can give you a little confidence and feel unique is a good thing.

I absolutely love wearing faux fur because in all of it’s many forms, mainly because of the sass it can add to any outfit, but there are definitely other fabrics that can add that air of uniqueness to your wardrobe, such as:

Velvet – perfect to wear for fall and winter.  It works well by itself or with a contrasting fabric such as denim or leather.

Satin – definitely one of the more sexy types of fabrics.  Looking to add a little glamour to your look, satin is your friend.

Chiffon – a very delicate and feminine fabric.  It’s elegance can create the most amazing ballgowns that you will see on the red carpet.  If you’re looking to really pull no punches, this is a fabric you won’t want to overlook.

Tulle – who wouldn’t love to add a tutu to their wardrobe.  Seriously though, there are so many fun things you can create with tulle- I have a  long length skirt that is so fun and I wore for an award banquet.  It definitely stood out from the crowd (which is always what you want when you’re amongst hundreds of people 😉 )

What is the one fabric that you have worn that makes you feel amazing?  Comment below…

Whatever your personal taste and personality don’t feel that because something is popular that you have to wear it.  If you don’t feel comfortable wearing something it really doesn’t matter whether that fabric is known to make you feel sassy, confident or luxurious – ultimately it’s all about how it makes YOU feel.

As we head into the weekend, I hope you have a wonderful one.

Thanks for checking in with with  me 🙂

 



from StyleQueenie.com https://ift.tt/2pYz4UC
via IFTTT

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar