Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Memphis Bleek Says He Started Jay-Z's Beef With Nas

If you were listening to hip hop back in the mid to late 90s, then you probably already know this. But for the people that don't know, let Memphis Bleek himself break it down for you. During a recent interview on VLAD TV, he was asked about the beginning of the Jay Z/Nas beef, and he responded with...











"I started that drama so what you mean how I feel about it? I felt like I got my big homie in some shit. It's going down out here in these New York streets. Me and Nas actually never got into nothing. It was all that he say, she say shit so Nas did a freestyle on a [DJ Clue] tape I think that was and they called me, I think I was in the Bahamas, and they hit me and was like, 'Nas getting at you on this joint and he played it for me over the phone. So niggas like, 'Damn, Nas shitting on you?" So then I wrote 'Mind Right' and was like, 'Cool, you getting at me, I'm a get at you. So then when 'Mind Right' dropped, it popped, it did what it did, Nas did another freestyle where he went at Jay, [Beanie Sigel], Freeway, everybody, so he basically opened the floodgate for himself. So once he did that Hov was like, 'Don't worry about it lil bro, I got you,' and then [he dropped] 'Takeover' and here we go... [Nas] didn't say shit, somebody lied, he didn't say nothing about me. That was just me going off that gas, I led it and I let it fly baby."



And to add a little to what he said, he didn't start it all the way...he just gave Nas and Jay Z an avenue to go at themselves. It was bound to go down in the end cos Nas and Jay Z had been throwing subliminal shots each other's way since after Biggie died; Jay with 'City Is Mine' in 1997, Nas with 'We Will Survive' in 1998, Nas again with 'Come Get Me' in 1999, Jay Z with 'Is That Your Bitch' in 2000...and so on and so on. So, it was brewing underground before Bleek got in the mix. And it is all because Jay Z wanted to do songs with Nas and Parley with him right from when he got in the game in 1995, but Nas kept turning him down ("Calling my crib, and I ain't even give you my number"- Nas). And when he got bigger than Nas in the late 90s, he decided to destroy his former idol. Of cos Jay fans will discredit my analogy, but just do your research and read between the lines.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar