Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Midweek Mani: Red Mountain Flowers




Bit of a random one, this: the base is OPI Alpine Snow with polka dots and vaguely floral geometric detail drawn with a red nail art pen, which Himself says looks like red mountain flowers (eh?!) all topped off with Seche Viche. I did this on Friday evening and have had just one major chip since, even though I spent most of Saturday gardening. Not too shabby.

White nail polish bring out my inner Goldilocks: most brands make theirs too sheer, too thick, or too streaky, and it seems to be a very difficult colour to get just right. Alpine Snow is the closest to just right that I've come across to date, and with a little care during application is even and opaque in two coats.

By the way, if you've had the misfortune to buy a crappy white polish, don't chuck it. A base coat of white - even if it's not perfectly applied - under neons and pastels will make them pop and help prevent them from looking streaky.

PS - Here's part of what my gardening on Saturday achieved. Not quite as fancy as my inspiration images, I know, but I'm just impressed that everything you see here is still alive!



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar